So her friends did displays on :
- How to clean bones (display included clean & uncleaned (just muddy) bones, pictures of the process & descriptions) I thought this one was really cool & more creative then most, but the creator Emily & Aurora were busy discussing how it was also "creepy" & how this negated or didn't negate how good the project was (??)
- Which lipbalm is best (choices included Burt's bees, Blistex & Chapstick amongst others - display showed various tests & results) This was mediocre, but done by one of Aurora's best school friends "Piper" - I asked her which she decided was the best & she said "this one" & picked up the Blistex
- A marble run - (Athena liked this one & trying out the small, med, & large balls over & over to see which stayed on the track's loops & which fell off)
- A test if dark colors absorb heat better .. er
- A Seismometer (that was basically a crayon & a cup hung in a cardboard box so it would draw when the table shook - the more it shook, the bigger the lines) heh. this one was actually really cool.
- A test about 'what would freeze first' - yeah - I donno, I guess I'm just not interested in freezing stuff, esp right now...
- A plant growing race (?) wow, not a spectator sport *grin*
- & A kitchen chemistry project (i avoided looking at; heh -- seemed pretty gross from a distance so I stayed back; lol)
Then we did check out the other grades, the experiments got more & more complicated & the explinations much better & more elaborate, obviously, beyond the 2nd grade area...
Some of the other grades with intersting science projects included:
- Glowstick brightness test
- roots in spaces vs in earth
- toothpick bridges
- how far does a sneeze travel
- this battery is a lemon (heh: 2 of those, actually)
- a pvc pipe piano
- how many & which color inks in M&Ms
- A Salt Lava lamp
- Chemical reactions of Milk & Food Coloring
- & "Flammable cups" which looked like someone had a hayday playing with candles & burning wax cups (watch that kid, eh?) heh
and er, a buncha others actually but I'm not going to list them all - it was interesting though, some of the projects looked like moldy jars: er. heh -- others were really sweet: the toothpick bridges looked really awesome: one was shaped kinda like the San Fran Golden Gate bridge *grin*