- There were beach towels all over the backyard & living room!
- We had Bob Marley Live playing in the yard & beach -
- Surf classics in the living room.
- We had slip n sliding
- We had sprinklers
- We had cake, a huge postmodern Hibiscus, strawberry cake & frosting
- and we had Aurora's fav. icecream from Gary's Icecream: "Pilsbury cake icecream with sprinkles"
- We had a huge fruit salad (3 trays worth) with pirate swords stuck in the fruit: Most of it was eaten!
- We had blackpepper Kettle chips & plain chips
- We had 50 turkey hotdogs & 50 buns
- WE had free-for-all badmiton with 12 rackets, 6 birdies and no net: heh.
- We had 20+ kids running around & having fun! yay!
We had sunshine, smiles, laughter, talk - and even the adults hung out & talked - it was so fun.
It was worth all the stress & preparation.
Thanks go out to ktig who came over & sliced up a whole pinapple & a half a watermelon & made the fruit trays, and played w/the kids while I cleaned & ran out for the icecream. She basically sustained my sanity. Oh, and helped me frost the cake, too! yay!
Both Crishana and Peggy brought me coffee when they arrived: I love youguys!! So thoughtful and kind. Crishana also got me a new girly magazine called "BUST" I have to check out.
The Stemples, Ian/ novamx3 , Rachelle & Don and his teenage daughters Evy & Melody, Peggy, Bram's mom, Sam's Dad, and Karey all stayed for the whole party & helped ! Thank you.
Polly showed up a bit late & helped too - and Emily's dad Steve got the ice maker back in the freezer after I had gotten all the ice out & couldn't close the door (eep) some wire in the back had to align right - and Steve and Dave (Sam's dad) got the slipNslide filled. Bill came over for awhile too & helped w/Karey and theircutie kids. Wow. Lots of awesome help.